PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2015, 16:18
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Fairdealfrank;8903192]You can't "replace" Yeadon and Finningley, the owners probably would not agree. So Yorkshire airport #3 would be competing with them.

Not going to happen. It's as futile an argument as the Boris Island nonsense.

I don't think finningley owners would agree to be replaced (just as MME are digging their heels in). I think Yeadon owners are starting to realise what the previous owners (group of local councils[including Leeds City Council]) came to understand about the airport when they owned it. I do not know the full in and outs of the political situation but realise that LBA sits within Leeds City Council jurisdiction. If you google 'calls for new Leeds airport' then you begin to see the possibility of how 3 becomes 2 and subsequently 2 becomes 1. Btw this situation is as different to Boris Island as you can get. Yorkshire has never had an airport that properly represents it whereas London most certainly has. Ok you're still not buying it. I agree with you about politicians though ideally they should keep right out of anything to do with aviation.