PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Europe training
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2015, 15:58
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polish Instructor,

I wish you and your country same price levels and cost of living, fuel, insurance and other fixed and variable cost, so that you can appreciate what it means to be paid different wage or salary in different country.

Do you think all the Irish and Brits etc, would go to Poland if it they couldn't save on cheapo rates, aircraft or instructor or both? Would so many instructors in your country still have all the instructor jobs? You mentioned sizeable amount of biz/students from outside your country. So likely less FI jobs at your employer's school, without them and your relatively cheap country.

With EU and all the free movement of labour, I suggest you move to Germany or elsewhere and take up a job there if you prefer their salaries and wages, just don't come here complaining it's not enough or worse than Sweden etc.

I do agree that due to the high relative expense and 'price competition', most countries' flight schools don't pay the PPL (and more) instructors enough. Unless the 'free' market (supply/demand) changes significantly, don't expect business to be too compassionate.