PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2015, 13:58
Captain Mack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New transport procedures in place.( And upgrades)

As everybody expected its a big cluster

First day of new transport, crew had an accident with their taxi.
60 minutes of traveling back from airport to city. (New record btw!!!) dropping every crew off in between.
One way trip to airport around 200000 dong.
One way trip to 919 from Sheraton around 110000 dong.

Probably more stories to come, keep everyone updated.

If you want to work here for free, at least take a loss of license insurance, you might need it one day.

Ohhhh One thing regarding upgrades, it is still the oldest trick in aviation. (Funny enough.) The problem most pilots have is they want to fly big planes, and airlines know this. So to keep the pilots, they advertise with upgrades etc etc. yes, a few times they upgrade people. This is to let the others believe they get upgraded soon, but unfortunately there is no guarantee. As probably 90 percent in the expat flying community they stay on the same type and seat. So upgrade from left to right or from small to big is still an unique situation. Preference goes to upgrade locals first, which I think is a normal situation Anywhere on the planet. But why go to big? The only promotion in aviation, as I see it, is from the right seat to the left. The rest is a bonus. The most important thing in life is the quality of it!! Not the quantity (eg bigger max take off weight). ATR pilots fly around 65 hours a month, A321 fleet around 90 hours. For a bit more money. I m guessing 2000 dollars??? Maybe less not sure? So what do you want? Fly your off or fly less and have a better quality of life. You decide.