PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook error Adivice needed
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2015, 06:24
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a story of mine.. I started with a french ppl and their infamous "approved" logbook, then went to the USA for various reasons, got an FAA ticket an another logbook, flew N aircrafts, and did my french commercial in the same time, running more or less two logbooks in parallel, because in that time Excel was not invented, it was Multiplan at best; so after some years of flying and 1000's of hours flown type ratings here, type there ATP in UsA, ATPL in France, then JAA transformation...the lot 20 years down, getting into the largest flying club of the planet ( Netjets Europe), suddenly a LOT of spare time, and i go for electronic Logbook.. I dug from the basement my previous records and insert everything...Surprise , surprise, a discrepancy of 1400 hours between the "official" records and my paper thing, i just forgot during my FAA time to add one whole logbook...
So i added a line with the appropriate breakdown of hours and "voila!" went through refreshers and initials, licence renewal with not a question asked.

One thing though; at 10k hours 1000 more or less does not make a difference, but 40 hours on 250 total does; i am not so sure with 1000 TT. What matters is how you behave behind the wheel ( or the stick).. electrons are flying planes nowadays..