PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Money Programme 04/06
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2003, 03:43
gone till november

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eng 123

Its a bit like chinese whispers this but as i remember (and i could be wrong) he walked form a car to the desk and then asked for a chair to the gate which we all know at STN can be a long way even with the shuttle trains.

I have flown FR many times and being a certain level of intelligence i am fully aware that you get for what you pay for.

But it doesn't cost FR a thing (except passengers that wont fly with them again) for mostly ground and to a certain extent cabin crew to treat their dinner or holiday or car or what ever provider ie the fare paying passenger with a little bit of respect and a modicum of customer service.

You buy tat you expect tat but you also expect some sort of pleasure from it even just a little bit and this is in all my experiences with FR where they fail spectacularly.

Im not concerned with your ability as an engineer to get an FR a/c in the as i dont believe that even Molly would be that stupid to skimp on critical maintenance. But the times i've been in the jump seat some cockpits have been a sea of post it notes and INOP stickers. But I also know that a pilot would not fly an a/c even with ops on his case if he thought it was unsafe.

eng123..... the tide is turning as a few years ago it was Ryanair its the bees knees, their great etc etc. But people are beggining to realise what LoCo actually means and in the words of that Galaxy chocolate ad "why have cotton when you can have silk". Sure silk is more expensive but it feels better (according to the wife!!)

Obviously im not going to convince you or the other supporters of FR as you have not had my experiences with them. But if you did ask yourself this.

After paying sod all for the fare then finding that they've changed the rules on baggage without actually saying it loudly enough for anyone to hear, getting charged more than the cost of the flight (including taxes) for your excess baggage, then a snotty check in agent looking down at you, indifferent service in the air with the emphasis on sell the punters more so we make more commission and a dopey PSA at the far end who basically listened to my complaint and turned her back and ignored me. Plus many other gripes too numerous to mention.

Would you want to fly with that airline in a hurry again? Would you? Is all the hassel, stress and raised BP really worth it? Not in my book.