PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comments on this landing welcomed
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2015, 21:49
skyhighfallguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
being an american I don't know what a "WALT" is?

the airbus, also known as a plane with permanent training wheels makes up for a robust ability to fly.

I wonder how many could have done what the pilot in this video has done?

Certainly it is not the best way to fly, it is non standard and open to problems, but I do think that the button pushers who have lost the "touch'' to make things happen are talking way too much here.

I am reminded of EK Gann's book, in which he has a bonafide emergency and elects to spiral down through a hole in the clouds rather than do the published approached (in a C54).

No stable approach, circling below minimums and to top it off he taxis the burning plane to a parking spot on top of a fuel tank. I'm sure you remember this if you read the book.

He had the chops to back up what he had to do. I am saying that the video shows someone with chops and guts. Maybe no sense, but chops and guts.

And way in a different league than some on this forum.

And no one has gone on to report the pilot in the video. Talk is cheap, and some are downright poverty stricken.

Hope you all have the chops and never need to use them. I have a feeling the only chops some have is with chips

I want to add this, I tried to stir things up to get some heartfelt self examination. Are your flying "chops" as ready as they should be? Are you only capable of doing things ONE way?

I was always taught to not "TALK DOWN" to others, giving them the benefit of the doubt of intelligence as capable as anyone else.

Yet few "GOT IT".

But fortunately for me, Johnsmith has promised not to bother with me anymore and I look forward to that. (his pm indicated this along with his abilities to name call) let's see if he is a man of his word.

;-)

Last edited by skyhighfallguy; 10th Mar 2015 at 22:16.