PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2015, 17:23
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G2 Cabri

I'm truly delighted to see the success of Bruno Guimbal's neat two-seat trainer. A new helicopter for the 21st Century.

It was a blustery day in February 2008, when Dave Calderwood, the Editor of the LOOP newspaper, dispatched me to Aix-en-Provence to try out a new EASA design.

As we floated alongside Cezanne's famous St Victoire mountain, I recall saying to myself ... and subsequently writing ... I'm on rung one of a ladder of success. A new type as French as the Eiffel tower with more curves than Nicolas Sarkozy's lady wife! An all-composite construction, a glass instrument presentation, plasma ignition, and a machine with dynamic components certified for 'on condition' replacement. All powered by a tried and trusted Lycoming that provides a 5 hour endurance. Autorotation and stroking seat crashworthiness was outstanding for a lightweight helicopter. Well done Bruno!

So, it is with a trace of satisfaction, I watch as the type gains ground in the industry. I see a couple of Cabris have made it into the 4000 hour TTSN area. So this is simply to offer my congratulations to Monsieur Guimbal and his team. No easy task getting a new type into EASA's CS-127 certification and I can only add, when can we expect the G4 to appear? Happy and many hours of safe flying to all.