PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2015, 14:53
EMB-145LR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't worry, I'm waiting to hear too. Did the sim last week and I think my wife is ready to kill me as I keep over analysing every mistake and decision. I don't think they're looking for perfection, I went around on my approach too, and my sim partner and I obviously came from very different operations. He was very talkative and verbalised everything, where as at my company we tend to discuss a decision and then make it without lots and lots of reviewing and verbalising every rudder deflection or roll input. It's just a case of different cultures and SOPs. I'm sure BA take that into account. We got along reasonably and didn't scream at each other and stayed safe.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you did what you normally do and were yourself, then you've presented yourself with integrity and BA will decide whether you fit their mould. It's their train set after all.

I'm currently flying in the US, and we do somethings very differently, and I know I made at least one silly mistake because of that. But I took ownership of it as soon as I realised I was wrong.

I think they just want to see the real you in the sim to see if you're trainable, humble and not a total berk! Don't beat yourself up about it, I think most people do better than they think.

I'm 50/50 as to whether I did enough. Good luck!