PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2015, 00:13
Cautious Optimist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Even bigger fool than I first thought
sorry cautious optimist..can we have a little bit of your optimism translated into hard facts?
I love the way you say 'we' as if to suggest I'm alone and that everyone or at least a majority agree with you - don't kid yourself. If you're lucky you have Beafer on side and people often make it clear what they think of him on here!!
Facts are ,the core ideas and company visions are still on dodgy ground? Depends how you look at it
Two operators only.Klm figures down last month,Eastern Aberdeen service reduced by 25% and if the doom from Aberdeen thread is anything to go by..that will only continue downward. KLM down marginally and the load factors continue to be the highest in years, Aberdeen nobodies fault, the route is dictated by the oil industry and is out of the airports and the airlines hands
Airport passengers on course for a low not seen since early 1970s as far as this year is concerned far too early to tell
MOD flights gone. Again, not the airports fault, aren't we out of Afghan now?? Certainly NCL haven't taken any either and last I heard the airport had found a way to accomodate such flights in line with the new business model
Movements way down! That will change this year
Police helicopter gone. Although very likely yes, it is not set in stone just yet, I don't think they anticipated the backlash, again, not the airports fault Along with rental.Cobhams flight inspectorate gone..although we seem to have more flights than ever at mo.! Exactly! And as a non-based operator they'll pay higher for landing and parking fees!
Sycamore business non existent . Reserving judgement for now but yes I'll give you that one

But wait ,we have a parachute aircraft and a micro light school..oh and a couple of new office tenants! Why is this a criticism?? Five new air operators and a marked increase in resident aircraft as well as a GA/BA marketing drive/incentives is more positive activity in six months than there has been in six years!
No sign of the housing master plan commencing. Has always been a Spring 15 start, if this remains the case come May/June then start to doubt it

Sorry as I said earlier could you please provide this"fool" with some cautious optimism please? Done