PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2015, 12:19
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancelled routes

Cloud1

I agree the routes have gone and it is best to move on but I had my moan to the CEO and I got a reasonable reply from the COO - PR speak of course and I expected no better but at least he had time to reply to probably to what he thought was a crackpot.

What I think got some BHX locals mad was why were some flights put on sale for summer 16 when all the yield data for summer 15 and most of winter 15/16 would have been available so what changed? One poster on another forum had eight flights cancelled from two withdrawn routes which is probably at the extreme end but nonetheless inconvenient to say the least.

Incredibly BHX has lost 11 routes but no aircraft! This again contradicts one of their statements of better aircraft utilisation - if you take a look at the BHX schedule, the winter utilisation was good but summer is nowhere near as tight, which is probably good in one way. So it is not a case of removing aircraft making better use of your assets and tightening the utilisation.

One Dash starts it flights at 15.05, a 175 sits on the ground for four hours from mid morning, another has a three hour turnaround time. There are no second wave Dash 8 flights from BHX on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays until the extra Jersey starts in June and one BHD 175 flight changes to a Dash 8.

Of the routes withdrawn you could see that there were issues with 8 or 9 of them but the worrying aspect is the Toulouse and Waterford which were both Dash 8 flights with high load factors, no competition and decent fares (Waterford slightly softer in winter) and they couldn't make money.

Share price yesterday was down on the Thursday night price but 3.5p better than the start of the week.

Deano777

Re the 195 - Thank you, all back to normal the 195 is once again showing on BHX-CDG including my flights.

Pete