PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2015, 10:21
twice round the hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sim result

Did the sim early part of this week. The wait is killing me.

Just wondering if anyone has been successful if there were cracks in the CRM? I had quite a vocal sim partner who tried to take control of a lot of the exercise, even when I was PF. He was quite hard to contain and did quite a lot of point scoring (calling 'altitude' when I was 20ft high etc). I did my best to stay composed and manage the operation, but at times it was quite hard. He would interrupt my briefings etc. Managed to get most of my NOTECHS in (wish I'd known that BA like TDODAR though!). Gave consideration to crew, passengers, ops and commercial considerations etc. but we just didn't gel too well as a team, it often felt like I was single pilot and I found my partner quite overbearing (although I don't think I let on).

Really worrying that it will be the undoing of me. Flew ok, although I had to go around due to a slightly rushed approach that I didn't feel comfortable with. I think I supported him well when he was PF, offered help when needed etc. I just came away feeling quite disappointed that we hadn't worked better together as a team.

Currently flying up norf' and would love to return South.