PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Q- VB Flight into PER 16:30 today
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2003, 17:15
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarification...

>>>Where the "thrust reversers" on the wing?<<<

No, they weren't. I *do* know the difference between flaps, spoilers etc and reversers

Boomerang describes quite well what I saw, though I don't think that it was a painted band. I have seen photos on A.Net that describe this "dark band" (for lack of a better term) on other a/c as "reversers". Whether this means thrust reversers or cold stream reversers I don't know. Perhaps it is my mistake due to incomplete info. However these descriptions led me to believe that these were the reversers. As I said, I haven't noticed this before on passing 737s (and I've seen my fair share!) so was wondering what it was.

What it appeared to be was that the engine cowling was open towards the back, (not the blue painted band at the front) like a "ring" around the circumference of the engine and the dark area I assumed was everything underneath. Not very well explained but its the best I can do.

Like this: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/361749/M/

Perhaps if someone can tell me whether *thrust* reversers on 73s are wildly different to anything else (e.g. 747s - I have seen those) Reason I have not seen many is viewing from airport terminal is not that great for landings. I take it a "cold stream reverser" is somewhat different?

>>>I suspect that if the aeroplane didn't turn into a smoking heap of aluminium right in front of you it wasn't a thrust reverser....<<<

Probably not. But if you can tell me what I saw (re: A.Net picture) would be a great help.

SS