PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2015, 07:00
ATNotts

Received 327 Likes on 190 Posts
Gay friendly - I usually read your posts with interest as I do with OltonPete's however you are starting to sound a little bitter and like an old groaner. The routes have gone from BHX and its time to accept it. Who knows the routes they have proposed for STN and BOH may work, they may not. But that's not unique to Flybe.

I remember TOM opening DSA and CVT in a big fan fair. That didn't go to plan. Monarch did W flights through NQY and BLK. That didn't last. It's all about trying it out and if future bookings are low but there is an opportunity to use the planes elsewhere (even must an extra EDI that would make money) they will do that.

Good luck to CWL and lets see what happens.
Very level headed posting that.

What people, especially on some of these threads, fail to understand is that the old days of allowing a route development period of 1 - 2 years, during which losses are budgeted for, are long gone.

We live in a far more short-termist world, where if a route isn't performing in terms of yield within a season it's pulled. Ryanair are past masters at this, FlyBe are too now. Personally I doubt that all the recently announced adventures into CWL / BOH / STN will pass the profitability test but we shall see.

Armchair pundits (of which I would count myself as one) simply have to accept this business model and get over it when "their airport" has routes launched, then chopped - it's going to keep happening!