PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2015, 03:11
AdamThePassenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The online TT for all of the destinations in question seems to have been taken off line. Must be a bit embarrassing.
It is still online, but the shortcut from the homepage has disappeared. How strange....

artinTon is correct, nobody wants them, this is what he's getting at. Yes we need them to go but there's nowhere for them to go. I have seen the E195 deliveries for 2014, there were 10 worldwide, and that's new ones. Embraer have an order backlog of 7. The bulk of future 195 orders are for the new E195 E2, which is far more fuel efficient. You only have to look at European operators, how many 195s/175s do you see? Hardly any. Most European Embraers are the 190/170. It's no wonder we haven't offloaded them. I would imagine if they are going to go anywhere then it won't be anywhere in this half of the world. In the meantime if they can mitigate some of the grounding costs by operating them then that's only a good thing. The other question is will 2 x 195s be enough to cover the flying that was detailed on here from CWL? It looks to me like maybe a Q400 will be involved as well? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
By tomorrow, do people mean March 5th or 6th?

Adam