PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bleeding heart delays flight deporting illegal immigrant
Old 4th Mar 2015, 22:34
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was unaware the PPRune was a political forum but it appears that it is.
To me there are valid positions on both sides of the refugee debate and this is not the appropriate forum to discuss.Its a very complex argument not helped by the standard of debate on both sides.

To get back to the subject.The rules on what is a safety incident are easily available and it appears that many posters have not bothered to access them. There are also a number of ICAO treaties that also come into play.

For those of you who seem to have a concrete position on punters not being able to leave the aircraft before door closure, perhaps you should read the current Rumours and News thread on United, particularly #48.If the accusation is true and there was a suspicion of an Ebola exposed pax being on an aircraft that you were on, I suspect all of us would leave the aircraft if the doors were still open?

All airlines in Australia are "common carriers " and as such have limited powers on who they can refuse to carry. So this one may be not so clear cut.

Wunwing