PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation in Turkey - Jobs for Newbies? Saturation or ease?
Old 4th Mar 2015, 01:24
Faisal Tasleem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Aviation in Turkey - Jobs for Newbies? Saturation or ease?

Dear friends,

Well I hope the title pretty much explains what am I seeking. I have searched on the internet Turkey have more than 14 airlines and half of them have fleet size more than 100. The country have significant aviation industry mainly because of it's location on crossroads of Asia and Europe. I am not a Turkish citizen but recent laws have eased the immigration policy for the foreigners who wish to invest an amount of money in Turkey and they are given a residence permit thus enabling pretty much anyone who wishes to be legally immigrated.

Now the question; Is the aviation industry in Turkey saturated or there are some ease factors. Having a grown up (or still growing very fastly) aviation industry with many airlines and fleets compared to the other nations of the region is it easier to get a job over there or is same as any other country with only 1 airline ready to employ pilots with a basic Frozen ATPL at 200 or 250 hours of flight time?

Are there any options for pilots (newly graduated) technically without any exceptional experience to get employed in Turkey? Or the market is very much saturated and new pilots have no luck? This is the main question if anyone can answer ! And if the answer is yes then which are the airlines or organizations who are ready to hire people with low experience.

NOTE: Are there any charter companies who hire pilots with low experience for charter works?

I wish to get very helpful answers and information on this forum as this is one of the best forums of its type related and dedicated to world of aviation.