PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bleeding heart delays flight deporting illegal immigrant
Old 2nd Mar 2015, 22:04
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More information will come to light for sure but as written, its disturbing that a person can be placed on the no fly list for simply asking to leave the aircraft.
You're kidding aren't you?

Some prong decides to enforce his "political beliefs" on an aircraft load of passengers, and the passengers of subsequent flights by that aircraft, by demanding to get off a flight at scheduled push back time. This doubtless causes significant delays as the checked in bags for the aforementioned prong have to be located.

If that selfish act weren't enough, he has also committed an offence by refusing to follow the lawful directions of a crew member.

The way this needs to be handled is a PA made whenever this protest happens in future reminding these recalcitrants that if they choose to participate in this protest, thereby delaying the aircraft, there will be consequences.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain. You may have noticed our departure time has passed and we are still sitting at the gate. The reason for this is that some of your fellow passengers have decided to conduct a political demonstration by refusing to follow crew instructions to sit down and fasten their seatbelts. Whilst I acknowledge a persons right to peaceful protest, I feel I must remind all of you that by refusing to follow a crew member's instruction you are actually commiting an offence under federal law. As a result of this you will be removed from the aircraft and your fellow passengers will be delayed while we search for and offload your checked bags. Your offence will then be investigated by the Australian Federal Police. While that investigation takes place, you will be placed on a No Fly List. Meaning you will be deemed to be an unacceptable risk to travel by air on any Qantas, Jetstar, Emirates or any affiliated airline. And if you think I'll just go fly with Virgin, please be advised that Qantas and Virgin share information on no fly lists with each other. Therefore chances are you wont be allowed to fly on any airliner in this country for a very long time. I ask you now to make a decision. Be seated so we may get under way. Or remain standing and be removed from this flight. The choice is yours. Thank you for your attention. "