PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy PAN PAN "Low Fuel" LGW 1/3/15
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2015, 13:41
VJW

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow, strange this has come back to bite me on the bum a bit. Although I did forget you need to explain everything on prune in minute detail before people start getting their knickers in a twist. Here's more info for those trying to make a case against the way I operate.

I got the wx at LGW at 30 mins before arrival and it gave something like 260/14 with 10k F015 etc...so this was way within the limits of the FO I was flying with. When I heard from LGW director to expect a hold, I then got the weather again to see in 30 mins it had changed to give similar wind with 30kt gust 6k vis and WS reported on final. I then heard the easyjet have all his issues, so it was only then I decided to do the landing. We were all keen once don't forget, so lets take it easy on my FO.

I also explained to him after engine shutdown on stand, that that's just the way it goes, he'll have plenty of landings to do in his career. He perfectly understood.

FYI, I landed with +6000kg, my Final Reserve and alternate were 2400kg. As with all flight plans we had a minimum fuel figure.. I took more- so at no time was I in a situation I hadn't planned for or expected 3 hours earlier. Say what you want about me etc, the fact was I had close to 90 minutes hold fuel (which of course I would have allocated a large portion to the minimum 2400kg reserves if I wanted to divert), hope now you all don't accuse me of being inefficient and carrying too much. Won't be receiving a call from anyone about taking extra fuel, never have - never will...my final decision and that's it.