PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2015, 20:02
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flightrider

Some of the BHX schedule was the same but to be fair they have now amended it but BHX - HAJ was on sale for months at a 17.00 departure on a 175 when there just wasn't an aircraft around to do it at that time but there was an unused Dash from 18.10 and low and behold it is now at 18.10 on the Dash. I suppose with such a route most bookings are fairly late and it hasn't caused too much disruption but it was only amended the other week.

However it still can't beat this one: -

IOM-MAN Monday - Friday, BE814 departs 11.15 then BE812 departs 11.45. So basically 40% of the IOM-MAN departures leave within 30 minutes of each other and yes I realise this is the only way to work the aircraft through non-bases but coupled with some other gems such as the timings on Newcastle - Stansted certainly some of the most creative scheduling I have seen from flybe.

Could someone also clarify the original Bournemouth press release which mentions two based Dash 8's based. Looking at the Bournemouth flights I can see one based aircraft with some flight on a Glasgow based aircraft working through the day but only one over-nights at BOH. Surely the inbound Glasgow flights will be crewed by the Glasgow base or maybe not?

Another point this time from the last financials, it mentioned five 195's flying this summer and I can only locate two at Southampton and one at Exeter via the booking engine but where are the other two ( I have to say I have not checked the whole schedule just the usual suspects).

I am flying on the BHX-CDG in early April and it is showing as the 175, which is currently a 195 route and has been for some time and I find it difficult with the fares charged and load factor that they would be cutting 30 seats per flight if they have 118 seat aircraft sitting around. I thought have thought Air France would be particularly happy either.

Talking of which I though two 175's were leaving the fleet, is this still the case and when as 11 are still showing in the booking engine in April.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 1st Mar 2015 at 20:04. Reason: order of words