PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Save the UK Police Air Support - e-petition
Old 1st Mar 2015, 18:03
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MaxR,
Thank you for your comments and for what its worth I think your post was one of the most accurate so far.

I agree that in this current financial crisis, just about every reasonably minded person would accept that there had to be savings, and that some units and bases might have to go.

But instead of looking at it carefully over a period of time, & gathering evidence, the NPAS circus announced the demise of several units even before they took over. To make matters worse, the ones announced as being cut, were often some of the best like Merseyside.

Then came the bare faced lies. "To save money? - No - you've got it all wrong, this is being done to make it more efficient".

"Look at this way, - before NPAS you only had one aircraft, now you can call on four" etc etc. Strictly true in theory, but not in operational practice.

If they hadn't tried to treat us all like dummies the response would have been different. Remember, - I said we all knew that there would have to be some savings.

I've said it before, but I have been involved in the development of UK Police Aviation since 1984. I have always supported the concept of Regional and National governance. That was the only true way to become more efficient and to save monies. BUT NPAS HAD ONLY ONE PURPOSE! That being to cut millions of pounds sterling from the budget and to hell with efficiency!

Their Mantra was, - Only a Senior officer should be able to call for assistance from Air Support,
What does the Bobby on the beat up to his neck in Sh** know about it anyway?

TF