PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 28th Feb 2015, 23:16
[email protected]

Received 637 Likes on 278 Posts
P3 - I suspect I would have been doing exactly what my ex-colleagues are doing - getting on with it and keeping my head down, hoping that someone in charge has a plan that will work.

Any shortcomings in training hours provision were put in place long before any of us were interviewed for positions and the training pipeline will have been dictated by cost in order to keep the bid lower than everyone else's.

The people involved in creating the bid may well have been qualified SAR guys but what experience did they have of being training providers of front-line SAR?

They had to sell their business case to 'big' Bristow and win the competition - training is an easy target when you are not a trainer - perhaps you can understand my opposition to the whole process because I have been a trainer for the last 30 years.

Loose cannon maybe - but what were they afraid of? Someone asking pertinent questions?

Again, not bitter or twisted - you and others seem determined that I should be - just disappointed that someone could be so petty and small-minded.

Jim - yes, in a few years time, there will be the requisite experience in role and on type - that is fine but the service has to be at the required standard from the word go, not building up to the required standard over 5 years.