PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NetJets
Thread: NetJets
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2015, 21:58
Porterboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NetJets

Hey there,

I was just doing my daily day dreaming about what I want to do for my career as a pilot. I'm currently in year 1 of a 3 year college program in Canada for my flight training so thinking about my career really shouldn't be much of a priority at the moment...but I do it anyways Anyways, I've always been super interested in being a corporate pilot and NetJets always seemed like the ultimate place for a career as a corporate pilot. They have a huge and diverse fleet, they're a respectable company, they pay fair wages, and there's plenty of room for career advancement. One problem though; they're an American company and I'm a Canadian citizen. However, today I was bored and I was browsing the requirements to be a NetJets pilot on their website and it didn't mention anywhere the requirement to have the legal right to work in the States.

They require:

Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (Multi-Engine Land)
Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
2500 hours total pilot time
500 hours fixed wing multi-engine time
250 hours instrument time (actual or simulated in flight - excludes simulator time)

So at the risk of having my dreams crushed, I thought I'd ask if they would even consider hiring a Canadian and sponsoring their work visa if lets say they couldn't find any experienced American pilots and say I had in far more experience than the new hire hour requirements along with an ATP and even a type rating on one of their aircraft types. Would that be possible or do they just not have the requirement for the right to work in the states because it should just be common sense? Obviously I wouldn't want to take a job away from an American. That happens in Canada with Sunwing Airlines bringing in foreign pilots for the winter season without reciprocity and it's incredibly frustrating. However, if there's no Americans able to fill job vacancies, and I was more than qualified to work there, it would be nice to know that Netjets could be a potential employer!

I appreciate any replies! I'm eager to know the answer even if I have a good idea of what it will be... :P

Thanks,
Martin