PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Complete novice, Advice needed.
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2015, 17:47
leedsample

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i actually complete fully 2017 parkfell but im withdrawing now in june, as i feel i shouldn't be treading water and that i must just go for it. im 25 now and i know this is still really young but when i came to university whilst in the army rehabilitation system in 2013 i was in a different social and financial position. The dream of becoming a pilot was unattainable but this seems to have changed.

i have always wanted to learn to fly, however lacked the funds so i chose to go to university courtesy of the MOD's chequebook but now the armed forces compensation scheme and my medical insurance have settled i have actually, much to my amazement, had a U turn in life. the goal posts have changed in effect. So rightly or wrongly i have decided to take the qualifications i have amassed at university so far and withdraw to pursue a career as a pilot.

i know in my previous posts i have stated i would stay and complete but i have changed my tune, i do understand the cons of this decision but i feel that i must get on with the task at hand, and most importantly enjoy it.