PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2015, 16:25
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short haul FO, not at the bottom but no way near the top either.

Re dropping trips: if there is more than one trip uncovered you cannot bank withdrawl or swap. If you have a trip covering 19/20 and you want to drop it you can't if there is any more than one uncovered trip reporting or operating on or over the 19/20th. Same applies for trip trades. If you are on a blind line you can trade but it must be for a higher credit trip (more work). I have had hours in the bank for nearly a year and have not found anything that is worth using them for. Recently I tried to drop a Sunday day trip but was not allowed. There was no uncovered work but ops declared it a closed day.

Best night stops: Budapest (not min rest one) Vienna (same applies) Glasgow Edinburgh, Newcastle during freshers week . Lay overs in Istanbul, Lisbon etc. Any mid haul routes are quite senior as are high credit day trips and Irish stuff. The less popular stuff is things like Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Nice (but only in the winter) Scandinavian stuff but again in the winter. Usually you get a mix even at the bottom but some trips get hoovered up by senior bidders. I have never had an Istanbul or a Cairo. Rarely get any mid haul trips, unless a Turkish airlines crew gets kidnapped then I get loads of Beiruts all of a sudden.

If you happy with your current deal then why move? It will be frustrating and hard here to begin with but it does get better in time.