PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA jumping the Gun a bit?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2015, 03:41
Progressive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parabellum - not agressive just confused as to what you were originally getting at. I am as democratic as the next and if my input (i did provide one to the NPRM) is ignored in favor of a majority I am OK with that. What I object too is CASA asking for input (via NPRM) but then making decisions (releasing notice of intention to proceed with SAL) without considering or publishing the input they receive.

I get your frustration with naysayers but if you look you will find I tend to support as much as I criticize and anyone who knows me will tell you that I am only interested in quality outcomes for the apprentices/employers and training providers who are so disadvantaged by the poorly designed competency based training system for AME's.

Hasherucf - you are almost right, the new mechatronics/SAL training system has more to do with the Units of Competence required than the exams but the result is the same 2 different qualification to do the same job on different equipment.

Eddie Dean - Although light aircraft are different from heavy what exactly is the difference in SKILLS (not systems knowledge) required for a GA or Airline AME? this is the key question to good training system.

OZBUSDRIVER - PM is on its way......