PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi-pilot type rating with ATPL(H)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 09:20
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hueyracer

My belief was that to hold a valid ATPL(IR) you'd need way more than just 235 hours in an R22. What about all of the other requirements. ?? You may well have passed the written exams for ATPL, or do they just give ATPL(H) away on the back of a packet of Corn Flakes these days?

Depending on country, I reckon you need the following for an ATPL (or else I was conned) :-

Description

The holder of a Part-FCL ATPL(H) can fly EASA Helicopters registered in the EU and non-EASA Helicopters registered in the UK that fall within the privileges of the licence and the valid ratings included in the licence.

Holders can:

- Exercise all the privileges of the holder of an LAPL(H), a PPL(H) and a CPL(H)

- Act as PIC of helicopters engaged in commercial air transport.

Pre-Requisites

Theoretical Knowledge Examinations

Please refer to CAP804. Section 4 Part F, Subpart 2

Experience

Applicants for an ATPL(H) shall have completed a minimum of:

• 1000 hours of flight time in helicopters, including at least:
350 hours in multi-pilot operations on helicopters;
(i) 250 hours as PIC; Or
(ii) 100 hours as PIC and 150 hours as PIC under supervision; or
(iii) 250 hours as PIC under supervision in multi-pilot helicopters. In this case, the ATPL(H) privileges shall be limited to multi-pilot operations only, until 100 hours as PIC have been completed;
200 hours of cross-country flight time of which at least 100 hours shall be as PIC or as PIC under supervision;
30 hours of instrument time of which not more than 30 hours may be instrument ground time; and
100 hours of night flight as PIC or co-pilot.
Of the 1000 hours of flight time, up to 100 hours of flight time may have been completed in an FSTD of which not more than 25
hours may be completed in an FNPT .

The above experience shall be completed before the skill test for the ATPL(H) is taken.

Skills test and Licence Issue Requirements

Applicants for an ATPL (H) shall pass a skill test in accordance with Appendix 9 to Part-FCL to demonstrate the ability to perform, as PIC of a multi-pilot helicopter under IFR, the relevant procedures and manoeuvres with the competency appropriate to the privileges granted.
Your medical records must be held by the UK CAA and you must hold a current and valid PART MED class 1 medical certificate.
A current and valid Language Proficiency level acceptable to the UK CAA
Cost

£243 for the issue a Part FCL ATPL (H).