PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA flying... why on earth do they have to be so different!
Old 7th Jun 2003, 18:44
Turbine1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caravan208B

I think FWA NATCA sum it up in one, excellent post, flying in the US is far better than the UK for facilities you can’t beat them.
Relax and enjoy the experience you will very quickly get to know who to call and when, in some ways the US have far better systems than we do in Europe.

GA in the states is two hundred years ahead than we are in the UK, last week I visited a flying school in the south east, to just have a look around in the hope that I may get back into private flying again, it wasn’t a shiny FBO but a porter cabin with a leaky roof, I only wish for those days back, when I flew in the US, it wasn’t a question where is the cheapest airport, but where is a local restaurant nearest an airport. The restaurant will even pick you up from the airport, now that’s service.

Remember if you have filled a flight plan with flight service and you land at an airport not served with a tower, phone up the flight service or close the flight plan before you land.

Enjoy.