PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 49ers
Thread: The 49ers
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2015, 10:59
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was involved with only a minor part of the '49er story'. But from what I read, it was pretty close to 100% factual for my tenure.

Having flown with JW I found him to be incredibly well rounded and very knowledgeable! I was very glad to know he was representing our interests during his time as President and then as a negotiator.

All of us are grown up enough to work out what are described as facts and what are opinion. There are always going to be personality issues with any dispute. So of course there are going to be different versions of who/what are to blame.

But I do think it is a salient reminder of (hopefully) an old Swire management paradigm! Simply put - a dollar spent on control is worth a nickel saved in expenses!

So I recommend everyone read it whether they joined 1991, 2001 or 2011. It shows what happens when egos overcome economics.

And for those that doubt the veracity of JW's accounts, remember that management denied 'any list' for determining the 49ers until it was leaked by a disgruntled, recently fired manager, about 6 years later.