PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Complete novice, Advice needed.
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2015, 23:46
byrondaf

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
leedsample

question is do i spend the 100k and potentially wait post graduation for an email that may never come? or do i go it alone and work my way up with hours but have a 50k pillow?
That is the great debate and you must make your own decision. Want a jet job quickly? most likely CTC/OAA integrated, want to work your way up slowly? modular. unfortunately there's no magic formula, some mod guys get hired quickly, some integrated chaps never get a job. all depends on hard work, timing, contacts, bit of luck and sometimes money (ryanair).

I thought about going modular, saved up 50k, but ended up going integrated with CTC for a few reasons, quicker job opportunities, training in NZ, a family friend who went through CTC integrated and was placed quickly etc, but I also know 2 guys that did the mod route at CTC, one got a job within 3 months, one never made it into a jet. Maybe in a few years I'll look back and know if I made the right choice or not, 50k debt or no debt, that was my choice. I've gone with the former, lets see if it works out.

Regarding waiting for the email, it will come as long as you don't massively screw it up, but who knows if it's a week or 9 months...all depends on airlines recruiting at the time you finish.