PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2015, 12:55
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peacekeeper

You said "If I could live with that kind of paranoia, maybe I could work in Doha too"

Are you trying to say I am paranoid ? How would you know, have we met or are you just assuming this based on where my pprune says my location is. And if I do live in Doha, what has living here got to do with being paranoid. You not being able to live in Doha is your problem, not mine.

"Don't take life seriously" Really. People on this thread have applied for a job, is this not a serious thing to some people.

The point I am trying to make is this. Companies do spend time trying to find information about future employees and this will include using the internet, facebook, pprune and linkedin. I have 2 friends who both attended interviews in the last 3 years who were asked if they were such a person on pprune. Both had been rumbled. All it takes is for a company to spend 20 minutes looking at all your post on here and they will make a second guess on the type of person you are. Positive or negative. Posting what dates you have a sim or selection does nothing but risk a company making a judgment on you before they have even met you. It's like putting a photo on a CV. You are giving the selection team nothing but a face and this does nothing but let them make a judgment on you even before they have met you. As for being prepared for a sim. Best thing to do is make sure you yourself are prepared. As for your sim buddy, that's his problem, you just make sure you are prepared. In this world, you will fly with knob heads who have poor CRM or whose ability is poor. Having a poor sim partner may give you the opportunity to be able to show you can cope with either. Again, posting dates you have your sim I think will do more harm than good.

Good luck.

Last edited by Black Pudding; 19th Feb 2015 at 13:45.