PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2015, 01:50
Una Due Tfc

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry for the thread diversion here, but I think I need to post this before somebody a bit less....controlled...replies to the above comment.

EK, If being a pilot is your chosen career then I wish you the utmost success. Hopefully one day you'll be in the left seat of an A360 or 797 or something, still talking to me on your way to the Americas because my company has raised my retirement age and plugged me in to a ventilator to keep me alive.

As somebody who worked on 9/11 (on my day off, to help), making any kind of disparaging comment regarding that awful day will upset many people on these forums. Those of us in the industry at the time were greatly affected. Many lost friends on those aircraft, many lost their jobs in the subsequent, and enormous, recession in our industry. I note you are a fan of global politics from your previous posts, good for you, and disagreeing with the subsequent policies adopted by the United States, and indeed your own country is your right. But please be mindful of what that atrocity did to this industry, and consequently, it's employees.