PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2015, 01:21
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness, I'd be most inclined to pick EK if I were flying MXP-JFK because they are most likely the best product on the route even before the A380. The US carriers will definitely be off crying to the DOT and blaming 9/11 and terrorists or whatever their latest "lame" (as they might say) excuse is. I must note however that out of empathy and not wanting to see them go down the pan I'd definitely look at using AZ, but EK would most likely be cheaper.

AZ under EY will - I think - be more inclined to put up the fight and hopefully EY will drag them up kicking and screaming, but my point was that with the hooha kicked up when EK first started the route, no-one will be happy with the A380 except the customers who get better service for cheaper fares and Emirates because:

... As you say for EK, the A380 is a workhorse/cash cow/money spinner/money maker/Godsend/unexpected success but for the customer it still is a top of the range airliner and a massive attraction and albeit to a lesser extent than in 2008, people pay more to fly on it. If every airline could do what EK has with the A380 they would be queuing up to fly on it.

Anyway, congrats and I hope for a lot more EK fifth freedom. I don't like at all the way the US airlines/LH/AC etc. Go about their business.

Una Due Tfc, thank you hopefully one day they will, and they'll be sat straight up in first no doubts about it.