PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Cop, Good Cop
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2015, 01:17
Samsonite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 20 plus years nothing has gotten better, quite the opposite, everything has gone downhill. Our staff travel priorities have just gotten lower. The one I can't figure out is that even when we are willing to spend big bucks to buy a J class ticket you don't get any benefit, the most senior person gets on even if they just have a Y ticket??? This from an airline that wants to make maximum money????

Medical, it has gotten the the point now that if you fall down and brake your leg you need to call a doctor on the panel to make sure it will be covered. Then there is the case where you are overseas and something happens and you need to try and get enough room on your credit card to pay for it and hope you don't have to battle to long to be refunded.

Bonus, what bonus???? Every airline gives their profit share based on salary just like CX used too but now we get the same as the grd staff??? Does the grd staff save 100kg of jet fuel every sector. Even worse when you look at the percentage of salary of bonus we now see times when the grd staff get the equivalent of 4 weeks salary and we get not even 2 weeks. Oh yes I know we make more is what the company says but it isn't our fault that the grd staff chose to become grd staff over being a pilot. Just like we didn't choose to become A CX manager where no matter what you get crazy bonuses. You get what you pay for!!

Benefits??? Other than staff travel there are none, did I say CX staff travel??

Bases, this is a good one. Just when we are losing our future Capts who are the last of our real experienced crew they throw out the carrots about Basings. Like 3 of the American guys that are leaving said to me. CX has been promising this since they joined 11 years ago. That's what they said about this whole latest letter from AT. These are all promises they have been told since they joined and not one thing has changed and in fact everything has gotten worse which is why they are leaving.

It is a shame to see these guys leave but can you blame them?