PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 11,000 new staff for EK...how's that going to happen?
Old 12th Feb 2015, 14:52
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have friends who travel between EU and ZA and CN twice a year. They always go on Emirates, and always say 'never again'. They complain about the poor service, the crowds and smoking at DXB, the cramped seating, and so on.

Next time, they always book EK because it's the cheapest and they give 30 kg. This is how they retain loyalty.

I had a note from them last week after their latest trip to JNB .........

I know you've heard it before but this is REALLY the last time we fly with Emirates (my name for them deleted …..) but yesterdays trip was the worst EVER.

The crew on board seemed completely uninterested in anything other than getting the so-called meal service over as soon as possible and chatting amongst themselves. C....'s video system didn't work on the flight Dubai-Joburg and when he asked them if anything could be done the reply was a rude 'no …. you can see the flight is full.' The food was inedible, and cold. The seats were uncomfortable but we're used to that and we know it is what you get if you travel economy. We've decided next time we'll go business class and spend the extra but not on Emirats after the way they've treated us, as loyal customers using them 4 or 5 times a year for the last 10 years at least. We know you always said avoid them but last we admit you are right, as always!

Dubai airport stinks in both senses of the word and is horribly crowded. our luggage didn't make it on the same flight as us although there was 4 hours connexion time. The staff at ORT had heard it all before, no apology, no offer of a compensation, just 'it will arrive tomorrow'. I feel sorry for them, it's not their fault, other people who were without luggage were giving them a lot of jip.

The whole experience was so bad we don't even feel like flying back with them …. can you check and see what we would get back on the ticket if we cancelled and bought tickets back on a decent airline …. maybe KLM that you always recommend. The ticket itinerey is attached.

Anyway look forward to seeing you in Cape Town in a couple of weeks …........