PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2015, 22:17
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyman 777, I noticed that on EK once but not particularly any other times (on the 75th anniversary we were about 20 degrees off the centerline when takeoff roll started)

I've also seen a TCX 757 do it from inside the terminal taking off on 07, his nosewheel actually went on the little line of crosses. This July my flight to Rhodes (TOM 738) did it but apart from that I've never noticed it. I'm not sure exactly why they do it, it probably gives them an extra 10-20 metres, I think it might be for peace of mind....

Sorry to be nitpicky but I wouldn't say emirates are limited, they aren't as far as I'm aware, the flight can/has/will go out completely full because of how little fuel is carried for such a "short" flight. I don't think UA and the 757 will be limited, LS075 got out alright with 220-ish pax

With regards to the furthest a 777 could fly from NCL...
-3500mi is pretty much no bother, so that's DXB (3517), AUH (3533), DOH (3371), NYC (3337), YYZ (3414), ACC (3407)
-Up to 4500mi, then you might have to look at some restrictions...
DEL, BOM, YYC, MIA, HAV
-Up to 6000mi then I think there is still potential for a decent passenger load, but not a full one and limited cargo, also while the aircraft might physically be able to take off from NCL, it could be pretty marginal, especially from 25. This accounts for places like HKG, PEK, LAX, SFO, ICN, NRT, BKK, DAC, CMB.
-7000mi or more probably becomes more trouble than it's worth if you want to make big money, SIN, CPT, EZE, MNL, SGN are close to off limits...

Would anyone agree/disagree/insert more facts?