PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TPE crash
Thread: TPE crash
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2015, 09:13
missingblade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oldfella -

Ok - Ill bite. You need to know my experience to judge whether I make sense? Really? How about just consider the point I made on its own merit...? Who cares about my profile - your profile says you're an ex F/E - which doesn't exactly qualify you to comment on something you've only ever observed from the back seat of an airliner.

Anyway - for your entertainment : 15 000 hour pilot. Single and twin piston/ fast jet/ turboprop / bizzjet and heavy airline jets. Instructor rated on many.

And here is my point again: I do 'infer' ( to use your term) that SOME airline pilots are button pushers. We all know this. Why do you have some sort of issue with it? In my opinion these are generally the guys who had no other flying in their careers. They started on big airline types and that puts them at a significant disadvantage when the fancy autopilot is off. I consider this a fact. All I did in my original post was wonder about the statistical correlation between this and recent accidents where loss of control played a role...

And the reason I do this - which again is 'inferred' is that it says something about the direction modern training is taking - which is ultimately where my concern lies. The only way this will change to a place where real flying experience is valued again is if the insurance companies and travelling public sees the statistical evidence I was wondering about... I for one will not put my family on the average low cost carrier - especially in Asia - due to the fact that I think too many of their pilots are 'buttonpushers'!

So now can you actually make a contribution to the conversation as opposed to pointing out you don't care about motors vs engines when all you've done so far is to point that out?