PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TPE crash
Thread: TPE crash
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2015, 01:24
missingblade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Fella - thanks for the nice sarcastic reply.

I may call it a motor and off the top of my head got the name of a river slightly wrong but you all know what I talk about. I guess you are one of the old school flaps vs flap Cathay types??

For your information - I have plenty flying in military, GA and Airlines ( Various Boeing from 727 to 744 and Airbus) - so have some idea what I am talking about.)

What you obviously missed about my post is the fact that I am curious about the correlation between loss of control and previous stick time. Which I think is a valid question.
And you are TOTALLY WRONG when you think airline pilots get plenty of hand flying time. Very very few hand fly any part of the approach by hand except the last 1000 ft. I know. I see it every day. Unlike you. And you may think take off and landing phases are "pretty important phases off flight" -sure - but having done a 1000 landings doesn't help you any when you stall the thing up high..

I guarantee you now that there are many many airline pilots that came through these new fangled courses and had their very first job in a big turboprop or jet airliner who have virtually zero real handling time in real aeroplanes ( ie not simulators ) - apart from take offs and landings.

As an example - the most valuable flying I ever did was twin instruction, and stall/insipient practice with students - it gave me invaluable handling experience. Which may save me one day.

Never did I infer ALL airline pilots are button pushers. But many are these days....

You are seriously out of touch.

Last edited by missingblade; 9th Feb 2015 at 01:52.