PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas and the 787-900
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2015, 05:01
mypov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
That's because the present system is inequitable

Why not introduce a new type with that fairer system. .

Keg, big news, you are not the arbiter of what is fair.

Your argument is one used by politicians i.e. what I say is fair or more fair therefore by default what others are saying is not fair. It's an attempt to marginalize an opponent and shutdown debate.

In reality fair is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer to look at what choices different systems give over a career and how that fits in with the rest of life. IMHO the current system offers more and better choices over a career especially for those with long term issues such as sick or disabled family.
Stagnant times are an issue but there are plenty of ways to handle this without throwing out the system.

We already have shared blank lines, shared annual leave and LSL and buckets on trips so your somewhat emotive proclamation that junior gets nothing and senior everything is false. That's another political trick, exaggerate.

Next political trick, ask "do you want a fairer system?" Who could say no, I mean gee "do you want world peace?" It's a loaded question with implications that makes it hard to say no. That's why the question is put this way, it's to get the desired result not to open serious debate.

If you want serious debate about systems and choices good, but please leave the "my system is fairer" argument to the shyster politicians.