PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas and the 787-900
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2015, 02:01
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
fish

Rotating seniority is not the answer either.
It's a new freaking type. We'd be insane NOT to introduce rotating seniority or whatever equitable rostering system exists whether it's 'fair share' or similar. We put so many stupid restrictions on Carmen when it's ability to share the love around is well beyond many's ability to comprehend.

We were stupid not to do it with the A380. Let's hope we don't make the same mistake again!

As to the T&Cs, I suspect it'll be 'junior' to the A330 so as to avoid A330 crew bidding to it. It'll be a 'bid back' and I think that's at company discretion.

I suspect there will be some overtime component as they want to encourage crew to get the job done when operating close to Flight and Duty time limits and additional $$$ will do that (I'm not arguing whether it's a good idea from a safety perspective, just the reality from a commercial perspective). It probably won't be the same overtime rules as now unless the pay rate is down around the current 767 hourly credit rate. Even if it was between the 767 and A330 and a change of overtime rules I still reckon that's not a bad outcome.

I agree that night credits will probably go or at least be significantly reduced.

Whether the deal is done or not, I guess we wait and see.