PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2015, 18:51
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A321

LiamNCL

The A321 NEO LR is already on the market (not built yet) and at 4000nm will cover UK Transatlantics to the east coast of America no problem and at a stretch Chicago.

All it needs is someone to commit with American and United having the opportunity I would have thought to convert some options.

This could be brilliant for the likes of Newcastle, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Belfast and BHX where really wide-bodies are extravagant or non-starters.

Airbus Launches Long-Range A321neo Version | Commercial Aviation content from Aviation Week.

As yet I have not seen any article to suggest that the likes of United or American have ordered it but I am sure Airbus would have sounded them out before committing to the project.

Then of course Thomas Cook also could make use of it from the UK or from Europe and if it lives up to the stats it can only be a winner on both sides of the Atlantic.

The 757 will be missed by some including me having fond memories flying BA from BHX-JFK but the A321 NEO LR will be the new kid on the block shortly.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 5th Feb 2015 at 18:54. Reason: added text