PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight training stupidity
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2003, 01:07
BlueGreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncusack,

A year and a half ago from now I was a bored IT worker sitting in a bank. I was deep into my overdraft at the end of every month and still paying off student debts - I was getting thoroughly pis*ed off with life wishing I could change my mind numbing career into something I desperately wanted to do.

Rather than look at banks and family for the money (coz they wouldn't have given me any) I looked at what I had. I had IT skills, not great ones because I was so unenthusiastic, but some. I left the company I worked for having no other job to go to. I sat in the house for two months solidly honing my IT skills (credit card debt growing) in order to land a well paid contract. I had to fight to stay awake every day as I found it all so incredibly boring...

I got a contract after applying for 80 or so... Now my contract is coming to an end I have just enough cash to complete a modular with little or no borrowing required.

Have a look at what skills you have a see if you can ramp them up into something more saleable - not easy I know, but worth a shot.

Good luck,

BG