PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 20:03
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course, I fully agree.

What I'm trying to say though, is a 13:00-14:00 departure from LBA/EMA/BRS or wherever else, would have greater scope to add value to the overall picture of the Emirates network of connections as apposed to an extra flight from MAN at an unsuitable time to really have a major benefit other than some very tight or middle east connections.

Dubai is indeed working to be a tourist destination, I have actually lived here for nearly 2 years now but still class myself as a UK resident. However the UK-Dubai tourist market is still very limited. The majority of tourists (al-la package holiday that we know as tourists) come from Russia, the Brits still love a week in Tenerife in the winter and have yet to fully embrace Dubai. Whilst the numbers are significant, the bigger percentage of point to point traffic to/from Dubai is visiting friends and relatives traffic. In any case, like I said, adding capacity to MAN is clearly the primary and almost certain next step, but in the long term, increasing the range of destinations is for sure how they will continue to grow. The MAN/BHX/GLA die hard fans will for sure be in favour of growth at their respective airports but other airlines clearly see decent potential at airports such as LBA/EMA/BRS/GLA etc and with Emirates rate of growth, they will be after any slice of the pie they can. I mean lets face it, who the hell would have ever thought BA would touch LBA with a barge pole, and now they have made a success of it.