PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Illuminati/Do not Fly EK Websites
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 03:28
Alconguin Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here we go again. I never said I don't get paid when I am on vacation or out sick. What I said which Bymonk has such a hard time understanding is that we as Emirates pilots don't get any vacation pay or sick pay. As I alludeded to earlier if we call in sick CC gives us another trip or if they can't squeeze that in they put us on AVialable Days at the very least.
Another fine example of Emirates screwing us is with vacation credit. I had 21 days vacation in a 31 day month and still flew 44 hours in the month. How did I get any vacation credit? I flew 44 hours in 10 days. Wow! Sometimes when you only have 7 days vacation a pilot still flies a full 92 hour month. How is that vacation pay and what is the point of taking vacation if you are going to fly a full month anyway? One would need another vacation to recover from flying 92 hours in 24 days instead of 31 days.
There was nothing unprofessional in my PM to Bymonk. He just didn't like how I tried to explain the inner workings of a real contract to him. It was not spiteful and angry, just direct. If Bymonk thinks that is Bully type behavior then he needs to develope thicker skin or get off the forum. I for one wishes he stays because it exposes the company men that purview this site with their mentality they posses and what we as Emirates pilots are up against.