PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Illuminati/Do not Fly EK Websites
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 01:43
stylo4444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I came here for the same reason as most others...to express an opinion and/or thought. However, for a change...I wanted to share this as coming from a passenger and aviation enthusiast.

I'll be happy to consider writing a letter to EK managers and sharing my thoughts. While I understand what you are saying about choosing not to see something, and not be aware...99% of passengers do not see this, they see a smiling face (whether it's a real smile or a forced smile), they see how CC respond to their needs, and they simply make a judgement on overall level of service based off that. After all, you can't expect them to know of the problems behind the scene. Airlines...and I don't know of any single airline that does not do this, but they will always want to mask their problems as much as possible...it doesn't matter if it's a US airline, a European airline, a Middle East airline, or an Asian airline.

Your statement on the product, is true and understandable...but it is a whole lot more than 99.9% of passengers are going to see. To most pax, it's a lot more simple (which is unfortunate, but it's the same across all airlines to a certain degree). It's just their perception...when you read a trip report about EKxxx from DXB to XXX, or BAxxx from LHR to XXX...passengers talk about the experience at the airport, condition of the aircraft, the food, the entertainment, comfort of service, professionalism of cabin crew, etc. and it is seen as an overall review of the product, which hundreds..maybe thousands of people read and perceive as what they can expect as the "product". As you said, reality is a bit more than that...unfortunately it's the reality that a vast majority do not get to see.