PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Apprenticeships Graded 'Outstanding' By Ofsted
Old 1st Feb 2015, 06:21
The Oberon

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
As per the 2 previous posters, I did just enough to pass out from Locking in Dec. 64, too busy going to concerts at The Colston Hall and Weston Odeon etc. I arrived at Marham all ready to go only to find that the Valiants were being broken up, that didn't do my enthusiasm much good.

In June / July 1965 I moved on to Wittering where I looked forward to working on aircraft that actually flew. I arrived on a Thursday and having booked in at the guardroom I phoned the Victor Line only to be told that I would do my arrival on the Friday and I was to report to the QRA site the following Monday. I tried to explain that other than training, I had never worked on aircraft, never mind a Victor B2R with a live Blue Steel slung underneath it !! " It's OK, you get yourself over there and we will send someone across and show you where things are". On the Monday I had a 30 min walkabout which consisted of "Green Satin is in there, that's Red Steer etc etc" I was then left for a week on my own to look after 2 armed QRA Victors, bit of a steep curve I think.