PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Illuminati/Do not Fly EK Websites
Old 31st Jan 2015, 07:06
Nikita81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, stylo.

I've been following this forum for awhile now. As a passenger and aviation enthusiast, and a relatively big fan of the Emirates product

I've been given some input on safety culture on EK flights from many cabin crew (writing the blog on EK really gives you the full picture of what is going on inside EK as many employees write to me, so I can compare their stories and opinions). Interesting enough, while I got some hate comments on my blog, I never got a hate email, only emails of support and gratitude.

I will post article on safety subject these days and I will include your concerns.

Before that, would you care to elaborate what exactly in Emirates product are you a fan of? Planes, food, ICE, service? Any product of EK includes people who deliver it (that is what customer service industry is all about). Saying that you are fan of EK products but not trusting them confuses me.

This is what you have said 4 years ago about your safety concerns:

you how much I do not enjoy reading how some pilots on here are basically guaranteeing an accident happening soon. I understand the airline having problems, and how things are done differently in the ME...but to say that the airline is bracing for a hull loss soon, doesn't give me much confidence in the boys flying the thing up front. Sad.
You have the same safety concern for at least 4 years now. Can you, please, explain in what way you separate EK product from its people?

I am asking because EK management is doing the same thing so I would like to understand that way of thinking better. Managers don't seem to care about the connection between "the product" and the employees. So they change staff and treat them like disposable and easily replaceable things, while expecting "the product" to stay on a high level of quality. It doesn't have any sense or logic to me and I don't understand how can anyone be a fan of something they don't trust to?

In most of the cases, people are Emirates' product and that includes pilots and their skills to fly the planes safely. Safety is one of the products of every airline and it's not separable from people working in them.

So, if you feel that safety is low, that is because some pilots are frustrated with working conditions. If they are frustrated, it means that management is not doing their job well. But you have decided to keep the product picture that management is offering to you and to be the fan of it and to criticize people for being frustrated? You are accusing mistreated and exhausted pilots for ruining your good impression on Emirates? Am I mistaken?

Since I plan to write an article on all of this, I would really appreciate your answer to my questions. Maybe not on this thread, but certainly on "EK safety culture" thread, where your second quoted statement originates from.

Thank you.

Last edited by Nikita81; 31st Jan 2015 at 07:25.