PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Illuminati/Do not Fly EK Websites
Old 31st Jan 2015, 03:59
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stylo

To insinuate that through a post there was a "hope for" factor in an accident when if you read said sentence again - it says nothing of the sort - is irresponsible.

It's difficult to talk to a layman in context about what we we deal with. It's not like shift work where you do "nights" this month, days the next. We are talking about interrupting natural sleep patterns sometimes four time a week. So if I told you that you had to stay awake through the night four time this week and then do your job to a very specific standard - it takes on a different flavor.

The issue is not that we can't do it within industry prescribed regs - the issue is that our regs differ so significantly with those in the the US and elsewhere because of greed. Maybe just maybe your post will be a small building block in a movement that will wake mgt up and realize - okay enough is enough.

For a "civvie" maybe Have a look at Discovery Channels Air Crash Investigation on Pilot Fatigue and specifically sleep inertia. Three accidents covered - Colgan (Buffalo), Air India Express (Mangalore) & Corporate Air (Kirskville). The rules changed in the US after Colgan - NOT for foreign airlines flying to US.

Asiana had four pilots on board for a 10:15 flight from ICN to SFO - in certain circumstances we could do it with two and no more than three.

We care deeply about people in the back and it is precisely FOR that reason that I made my comments in previous post.

Fatigue is real and needs to be taken seriously - you agree, I agree - we just need the third party.

f.