PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French ATC - are they on strike on Monday, 2nd?
Old 5th Jun 2003, 16:33
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if airing dirty laundry in public.......................

"At least I didn't fail ATC training first time round".......what, this makes you more of a man? Yeah, I'll be the first to admit I was very immature and stupid back then. But, I did something about it! Who needs to grow up here? And remind me why they referred to you as "Kastanza" or what ever the hell it was?

The principles involved are this.........there is a deficit in the French Pension system. The government has proposed a bill it believes will solve this. Those workers who don't agree with what has been proposed are taking action. Now, as others have stated here, if nothing is done to address this deficit, what occurs when people start retiring? I haven't heard any different proposals to fix the problem, just a strike. We could argue all day over the rights and wrongs of industrial relations (as I did at Uni.....uneducated, right!), this isn't the place.

I think the crux of the origin of this thread needs to be re-stated. French domestic problems are causing turmoil through Europe. And people are airing their concerns/opinions with regard to the Aviation industry. IMHO, this isn't slagging.