PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Illuminati/Do not Fly EK Websites
Old 28th Jan 2015, 17:50
Alconguin Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I will leave it to Harry and the management lurkers that purview this site to spin a turd.
When pilots say this site has become negative with regards to Emirates I tell the SCs to point out anything that is not completely true. Yes there is a lot of negativity with regards to Emirates because guess what, the company creates the negativity.
I'm not the one who took away something on a already crappy Staff Travel website. I'm not the one who changes my contract. Believe me if I did it wouldn't look the way it does today. I didn't decide to have the company just to fly me to an Emirates destination on my Annual Leave Ticket and I'll pay and find my way the rest of the way home. I'm not the one who called the company and said "hey, fly me 92 hours a month and don't pay me for sick time or vacation time."
When you compare Emirates to a real airline Harry conviently forgets that the majors get paid 75-78 hours a month of which a substantial portion is credit time. A concept that is completely foreign to Harry. 75 vs 92 is a big difference especially with what we as Emirates pilots deal with everyday.
I am projecting that the upgrades at Emirates will be 8-10 years because I am doing simple math. We have 3750 pilots now. It will take until Emirates has 7500 pilots (minus attrition) until a new joiner will get a chance to upgrade. Again correct me if I am wrong but don't correct me if I am negative. Even by 2020 Emirates is only suppose to have 280 airplanes but of course that could change but not until ATC and DXB gets a serious infrastructure upgrade.
The airlines up the road are much better options than Emirates.