PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2015, 16:17
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Manchester Kurt
LA, that is twice you have ignored my question about whether you think this will become an election issue come May.

Suggests you know it won't.

Suggests you realise that not only is there no economic case but also no political case for this to happen.

Whilst your enthusiasm is laudable, your inability to recognise that there is no economic nor political imperative explains why you fail to understand the current position and why things will not change.

You see airlines and airports as social services, there to benefit the local population, fundamentally that is where your position is broken.
Fair play to you Kurt, at least you don't hide where you're from. Sorry I forgot your posts - No I don't think it will be an election issue. Young tax payers do expect to be treated fairly though (much more than the old stoic Yorkies who just put up with crap). How come someone in Manchester gets to ride on a brand new tram direct to an airport with a direct flight to Florida when someone in Leeds has to go on a drafty old bus to an aerodrome on a hill to watch his flight to Dublin (before America) have to divert in a gale? We pay the same taxes so the services should be more equal.